WordPress is infamous for deleting empty or blank lines from your page! You hit the return key to space out your paragraphs and then when you click on publish WordPress has removed all the Blank lines… It will drive you crazy.
The Answer to this is to install the improved text editor TinyMCE Advanced and configure it to allow WordPress to Leave the blank lines.
- Click on Plugins
- Click on Add New
- Search for Advanced TinyMCE
- Locate the TinyMCE Advanced install link and click on it
- Click OK
- Once the plugin has been installed you need to Activate it
- We now need to configure TinyMCE Advanced, click on the Settings Option on the bottom left
- In the Settings Option click on TinyMCE Advanced
- Tick the option: Stop removing the and tags when saving and show them in the HTML Editor. This is the part that prevents WordPress from removing the blank lines and it will preserve your sanity.
- Click Save Changes
- To return to the Dashboard, click the Dashboard option at the top left